One of the largest Energy and Natural Resource accelerators in the Asia Pacific
Energise 2.0 Startups
Congratulations to the following startups selected to participate in Energise 2.0 from Perth and Brisbane.
Congratulations to three of Australia’s most promising energy, mining and natural resources startups have for taking home awards at KPMG Australia’s Energise accelerator program graduation night. The 12-week national program culminated in a pitch-day and graduation events held in Brisbane and Perth.
- Safescape from Perth took home the Customer Award, judged by representatives of Energise’s corporate supporters.
- MOVUS from Brisbane received the Investor Award, judged by a group of investors with representatives from angel investors, venture capital, private equity, and corporate venture funds.
Ozius Spatial from Brisbane won the Program Choice Award, judged by the KPMG Energise program team.
Thank you to the following companies for their support:
The Energise 2.0 program
KPMG Australia’s accelerator program, known as Energise 2.0, is forging a new path in the ENR sector. A three-month intensive program for startups, Energise 2.0 is designed to promote innovation and collaboration across the sector by taking the best startups/early-stage tech companies and connecting them with some of Australia’s leading ENR companies.
The program supports both these companies and Australia’s leading technology startups by helping identify major operational problems and then giving Australia’s best and brightest ENR tech startups the opportunity to present their solutions.
Unique opportunities for Australia's startups
– AT NO COST –
Brand & Credibility
Program participants include KPMG Australia, blue chip ENR companies, and industry-leading program mentors, giving immediate credibility and media attention to startups.
Business Advice & Mentorship
Participating startups have the opportunity to learn from experienced advisers on areas such as company set-up, product development, market insight and investor pitching.
With client relationships across the Australian ENR sector, KPMG has access to a range of potential customers interested in supporting innovative technologies, and new thinking to solve their company’s problems.
Access to Capital
KPMG has deep networks of investors and ENR companies, many of whom are interested in investing in cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Successful applicants will receive mentorship and advisory services at no cost or equity while also getting access to major ENR companies for direct customer insight and feedback.
Who are we looking for?
The program supports Australian companies with:
- A technology solution applicable to the energy and natural resources sector or to the supporting service businesses supporting the sector;
- A customer base providing annual revenue of up to AUD 7.5 million in relation to your technology solution;
- In the absence of customers, seed funding or development spend to date of at least AUD 200,000 with demonstrable evidence of customer validation of the value proposition for your product/service;
- A founding core team in place (of at least two or more full-time staff); and
- Willingness and ability to work from the KPMG offices in Perth or Brisbane for one day per week during the 12 week program.
In particular, we are looking for startups with a product or solution that fits one or more of the innovation priority
areas identified by Energise¹s corporate participants:
- Digital, Data and Insights – Internet of Things, advanced analytics, machine learning
- Sensors and Sources – Resource knowledge, non-intrusive sensors, imaging
- Energy – Emissions management, energy efficiency, generation & storage
- Physical Environment – Geo-spatial mapping, exploration & development, Construction efficiencies
- Safety – People & process safety, analytics, remote / minimum manning
- Water Management – Water reduction / efficiency, waste water management
- Virtual/Augmented Reality – Virtual environments, digital blueprinting
- Materials Science – 3D printing, recycling, wear & corrosion reduction
- ENR/Fintech intersection – AgFinTech, P2P energy trading
- People & Capability – Skills management, onboarding, health and wellbeing, collaboration
Energise 2015 Highlights
Get the ball rolling
A simple and quick application and selection process applies.
Applications are now closed.
Review and decision
The review process includes a phone interview and, if successful, a second interview and review by a selection committee. We usually notify you of our decision within just a few weeks.
After an organisation is selected to participate, one or more KPMG Australia people will contact you with next steps.
Access to customers
During the program, we will set up regular meetings with ENR companies to give you the opportunity to demo your technology and gain customer insight and feedback.
The program concludes with a Graduation Day, organised by KPMG, in which each team will present to ENR companies high-net worth individuals and investors.
Over 40 KPMG Partners and specialists from across Mining, Oil & Gas, Corporate Finance, R&D Tax, Management Consulting, Private Enterprise, and IT Advisory will dedicate their time and expertise to assist with the Energise program. Some of our experienced advisors include:
Over the 12-weeks, startups will participate in a range of deep-dive workshops and discussions with industry leaders from across Australia, as well as internationally renowned tech-experts from Silicon Valley.